Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WeGoIgo 2.2 -- with Lite version!

Just a quick post to say that I've released version 2.2 of my Go app just now. Along with a handful of features and changes, this version fixes a slew of bugs and stability issues. Thanks to everyone for reporting the bugs! I'm very happy with this new release—so happy that I've finally gotten around to releasing the Lite version. As before, the Lite version has all the same great features of the paid version, but shows somes ads in a (I hope) non-intrusive manner, and is a lower priority for releases (as is apparent by the several weeks between 2.0 going live on the normal version and this release).

Follow the break for the official changelog.

UPDATE: There were two issues with this update that have since been resolved. The first was with the Lite version. Apparently I accidentally imported the "internal" version of the ObjectAnimator class from ActionBarSherlock instead of the nineoldandroids version, which caused an immediate FC in any game mode for devices with an older version of Android. Sorry!

The other was an issue where files would appear to hang while loading. It was missed by me because I forgot that I had the "don't keep activities" developer setting enabled, which hid the problem. Sorry again!



v2.2:
- "Quick Players" let you enter a player name without it saving for future use
- Variations are saved by default; the preference persists across games
- Tablets will keep whatever orientation they started with
- "Save as" default filenames now include the players
- "Share" filename is now the same as the default for "save as"
- FIXED: wrong color stone played in review of handicap games
- Many bug fixes and stability improvements

2 comments:

  1. Love the app.
    I got 3 small problems with it:
    Longer comments in games and problems are hard to read. There seems to be a way to pop out the comments to fill the screen, but it only works when it is not needed.

    When reviewing a game, the forward button is hard to hit if you have clumsy finger like me. I often wind up with a extra stone placed in the bottom right.

    Also when I am looking at a game with comments, there seems to be no way to find out which moves have comments without slowly scrolling through all the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can't display utf8 coments, even there is a CA[UTF-8] property inside any SGF files.

    ReplyDelete